For crop-specific exclusive licensing of the entire IP portfolio, we seek:
- $50-150K upfront licensing fee
- $1 Mil in 2 payments for development milestones
- Trailing 5% royalties on product sales
We seek licensees and co-development opportunities with innovative seed companies in alfalfa, banana, beans, canola, corn, cotton, flowers, grapes, lettuce, peanut, potatoes, rice, sorghum, soy, sugarbeet, tomato, wheat and other crops.
Criteria for target crop selection for genome editing:
- Fully sequenced genome of a reference variety in the target species; and
- Genetic transformation protocol with routine tissue culture permitting high efficiency plant regeneration.
We boast a significant competitive advantage with domain technical, licensing and co-development experience, have dominant IP in plant yield genes with 16 issued US patents, 5 US patent applications and foreign counterparts in many countries
We are not aware of any direct competitors expressing commercially relevant yield genes in transgenic or genome edited plants with similar field trial data.
Most importantly, there are convincing laboratory, greenhouse and field trial demonstrations of broad applications to significantly improving crop yields with our technology, as well as secondary benefits in abiotic stress resistance, disease tolerance, and improved shelf life.
Co-development terms are negotiated by crop